Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tartarus

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

4 posters

Organisation and Corruption

master5o1
    master5o1
    Nymph
    Nymph

Organisation and Corruption Empty Organisation and Corruption

Post  master5o1 Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:01 am

I'm not sure what I'm trying to get at here but I've always thought that the more organised and/or bureaucratic an entity can be the more corrupt it is like to to turn out.

Take governments, they have lots of tiers of organisation and at any stage is bound to have corruption.

Look at record companies/groups, they are 'corrupt' in the sense that they no longer care about their clients' (artists, writers) profits, but instead their own.

Look at religions, all those paedophile in the catholic church which appears to be the most 'organised' religious group ever....Not to mention the current pope's involvement with it
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_sex_abuse_cases
    > http://www.vivelecanada.ca/article/83819442-pope-benedict-xvi-and-pedophilia-in-the-catholic-church

really im just rambling on shit that should make no sense and probably bad shit that shouldnt be used together becuase i just want more posts and yes i know about the wrong spelling of the last time i said because.
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Giant
    Giant

Organisation and Corruption Empty Re: Organisation and Corruption

Post  Anjewel Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:10 am

Aye.....aye.....and aye.....mmhmmm...
    Don Speekingleesh
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Don Speekingleesh Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:21 am

Its a bit cool in here. Slackbladder, throw some more catholics on the fire. Theres a good man!
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  master5o1 Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:10 am

Throwing catholics on the fire? Blasphemy! Renewable resources are much better, like CAG (Catholic Ass Gas), although production techniques may be a bit unethical or a breach of human rights, but are catholics humans?

Production is gained by chaining your catholic up in a cellar and plugging them with a hose to the gas collection tank.
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  master5o1 Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:13 am

Although, recently scientists have discovered that we can convert the natural hot air rising from the Vatican into 1.21 Gigawatts of power. So if we collect all this hot air we should be able to harness enough energy to power a time machine. I propose a large glass bulb around the state as to both increase the heat of the air (greenhouse) and as a collection chamber.
    Diaz
    Diaz
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Diaz Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:32 am

"I'm not sure what I'm trying to get at here but I've always thought that the more organised and/or bureaucratic an entity can be the more corrupt it is like to to turn out.

Take governments, they have lots of tiers of organisation and at any stage is bound to have corruption."

I'd say it not organisation of itself that can cause corruption (or really abuse of power) but more how it is organised. It really depends on where the power lies, if it's largely vested in one person and whatever their ideology is (thinking of Zimbabwe under the reign of Mugabe as one example) then the system becomes more and more corrupt and starts breaking down. In other systems, like democratic one where power is more devolved and there is separation and independence of the various parts of the government (Judiciary/executive/legislative) the chances of widespread corruption creeping in are reduced as each part keeps the other in check. There's also the fourth factor - a free media to act as a voice of the people. It's still possible for some corruption to creep in, but with the system set up right this is limited and is punished when it's found out. In the case of record companies for instance, competition keeps them in check - artists treated badly can always vote with their feet. It's not a perfect system, they can write contracts that advantage them but it means power isn't absolute, and as they say absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:35 pm