Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tartarus

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+2
master5o1
superarmy
6 posters

I hate this idea of

master5o1
    master5o1
    Nymph
    Nymph

I hate this idea of - Page 2 Empty Re: I hate this idea of

Post  master5o1 Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:14 pm

We [usually] learn from our mistakes. If you take rights away as to prevent these mistakes from happening, how do we learn?
    Psalter
    Psalter
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Psalter Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:59 am

Yes there is correlation at times between games and violence, but there has always been the personality types who will be influenced by this type of thing ( who can forget about led zep and playing it backwards!!)

Correlation =/= causation.

As far as I am aware, there are no documented cases of games (of any nature) having any flow through effect on morality... good or bad. The nature of games almost makes this a given with the unrealistic settings, events, abilities, characters etc.

Now, I am not saying that there haven't been cases of mass shooting etc. that have occured after the perpetrator has spent some (or a great amount of) time playing violent video games... but lets face it, they were always screwed. Ted Bundy never played any kind of video game I am sure... and I think it very unlikely that Jack the Ripper was a product of any negative media (comics, movies, rap, video games et al.)
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  master5o1 Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:28 am

Psalter wrote:Correlation =/= causation.

Interesting. I've always followed the pogrammer's way of writing Not-Equals as either != or <>. Never occured to me to make a visual Not-Equals / Cancelled-Equals-Sign out of =/=
    Psalter
    Psalter
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Psalter Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:30 am

master5o1 wrote:

Interesting. I've always followed the pogrammer's way of writing Not-Equals as either != or <>. Never occured to me to make a visual Not-Equals / Cancelled-Equals-Sign out of =/=

Seriously, I would think that <> would mean =... because if something is niether < or > than something else, it surely must be equal?
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  master5o1 Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:10 am

Psalter wrote:
    master5o1 wrote:

Seriously, I would think that <> would mean =... because if something is niether < or > than something else, it surely must be equal?

less than OR greater than means NOT EQUAL too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:03 pm