Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tartarus

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+3
Diaz
master5o1
metcalfj
7 posters

Why is it.....

metcalfj
    metcalfj
    Mortal
    Mortal

Why is it..... Empty Why is it.....

Post  metcalfj Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:58 am

That Belgian chocolate is so shit?
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Nymph
    Nymph

Why is it..... Empty Re: Why is it.....

Post  master5o1 Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:10 am

metcalfj wrote:That Belgian chocolate is so shit?

Because it's Belgian.
    Diaz
    Diaz
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Diaz Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:21 am

I'm not sure whether it's a problem with the chocolate itself or that horrible coating they put on it, probably to keep it together and mitigate the effects of heat while in transit. But yeah, they are yucky.
    metcalfj
    metcalfj
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  metcalfj Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:30 am

You could be on to something there Diaz. I read somewhere that the recipie used by Cadbury for chocolate to be sold in Australia (and by default, NZ) is different from other parts of the world, raising the temperature at which it melts and giving it that waxy texture that we are used to. I wonder if Belgian companies coat, or use a different recipie for exported chocolate also. I have never eaten Belgian chocolate in Belgium, but I have eaten Swis chocolate in Switzerland.........it was very yummy indeed.
    Janny
    Janny
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Janny Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:20 pm

i can honestly say the chocolate in Australia is Shit...... it tastes awful. I am sure they put something in it to stop it melting (which doesnt work where I live).

fortunately, I have awesome family members who sent me REAL chocolate... straight from Cadburys factory in Dunedin and after keeping it in the fridge for a day or so... tastes DEVINE! even my Aussies friends agree NZ chocolate is BETTER than Aussie chocolate!
    canterella
    canterella
    Giant
    Giant

Post  canterella Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:22 pm

I disagree, Belgian chocolate is as chocolate should be - not that diarrhea coloured sugar loaded crap Cadbury tries to sell to us.
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Giant
    Giant

Post  Anjewel Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:59 pm

canterella wrote:I disagree, Belgian chocolate is as chocolate should be - not that diarrhea coloured sugar loaded crap Cadbury tries to sell to us.

Laughing Laughing
    Waireka
    Waireka
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Waireka Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:17 pm

canterella wrote:I disagree, Belgian chocolate is as chocolate should be - not that diarrhea coloured sugar loaded crap Cadbury tries to sell to us.

Cool Said the European

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:18 am