Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tartarus

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+7
Tikva
the distant one
Rag_Bag
Abbey
superarmy
Psalter
master5o1
11 posters

Come on guys...

master5o1
    master5o1
    Nymph
    Nymph

Come on guys... Empty Come on guys...

Post  master5o1 Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:33 am

This is boring without you Wink
    Psalter
    Psalter
    Nymph
    Nymph

Come on guys... Empty Re: Come on guys...

Post  Psalter Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:22 am

Here I am, now STFU
    superarmy
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  superarmy Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:33 am

What do you want I'm busy?
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  master5o1 Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:02 am

superarmy wrote:What do you want I'm busy?

Oh never mind I just realised it is boring with and without people being here... I suppose this is a forum that is active between the hours of 1900 and 0200.
    superarmy
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  superarmy Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:08 am

*looks at 5o1's avatar*

brb getting my Flamethrower
    Abbey
    Abbey
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Abbey Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:52 am

If you are bored with and without people, is this why you are continually using your computer and the internet to connect with "usernames"?

By chance; are you in a prison?
    Rag_Bag
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Rag_Bag Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:01 am

master5o1 wrote:
    superarmy wrote:What do you want I'm busy?

Oh never mind I just realised it is boring with and without people being here... I suppose this is a forum that is active between the hours of 1900 and 0200.

Oooh we seem to be cultivating a membership of people that are actively engaged in other pursuits during the work/educational day....

Bodes well for the quality of debates Cool
    Abbey
    Abbey
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Abbey Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:24 am

Oooh we seem to be cultivating a membership of people that are actively engaged in other pursuits during the work/educational day....

Bodes well for the quality of debates

Yes, it does. Especially when we have people that enter forums, purely to create havoc, by being two-faced and bolchy, then once someone enters into a constructive debate with them, they go extremely nasty and run a very thin line between constructive debate and down right meanness.

Obviously it goes to show that people in the computer world cannot cope when tables are turned on them; so they delete their accounts and leave. I wonder what they do in real life? Change Job? Change friends? Change Houses? Change Partners? Delete themselves maybe?
    the distant one
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  the distant one Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:27 am

Abbey wrote:Oooh we seem to be cultivating a membership of people that are actively engaged in other pursuits during the work/educational day....

Bodes well for the quality of debates

Yes, it does. Especially when we have people that enter forums, purely to create havoc, by being two-faced and bolchy, then once someone enters into a constructive debate with them, they go extremely nasty and run a very thin line between constructive debate and down right meanness.

Obviously it goes to show that people in the computer world cannot cope when tables are turned on them; so they delete their accounts and leave. I wonder what they do in real life? Change Job? Change friends? Change Houses? Change Partners? Delete themselves maybe?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy or said people realise that arguing across many internet forums is a waste of thei time. if you want to have a go at YDEKM i suggest we keep it to one thrad.
    Abbey
    Abbey
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Abbey Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:30 am

What makes you think I'm even referring to YDEKM?

She is nothing special. Only in your book, perhaps. Forums are not the be all and end all ABOUT her.

My remarks were a total generalisation of how in today's society, if you interact totally via your computer; how do you/did you/are you getting on in life in the REAL WORLD.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Psalter Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:25 am

I wasn't even going to get involved in this... but you can't make obvious inuendo and then hide behind the fact that it was inuendo Abbey... that was obviously about YDEKM.

Who, btw, I want to get back here.
    Tikva
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Tikva Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:00 pm

I second the request that YDEKM returns here. Why can't we all just face the fact there we are all different people, and there will always be those that clash? So what if there's a few insults thrown between one another? Is that not just pure honesty, in the context of what is happening at the time?

Fight it out, get it off your chest, and do it publicly, so that all the secrecy disguised as privacy can no longer poison relationships. And I include myself in all of the above.
    Kosmick
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Kosmick Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:03 pm

Well stated cheers
    relict
    relict
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  relict Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:27 pm

Abbey wrote:if you interact totally via your computer; how do you/did you/are you getting on in life in the REAL WORLD.

I don't know anyone of that description, even online. I recognise that there would be some people like this in the world, but I haven't come across them.
    the distant one
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  the distant one Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:28 pm

Tikva wrote:I second the request that YDEKM returns here. Why can't we all just face the fact there we are all different people, and there will always be those that clash? So what if there's a few insults thrown between one another? Is that not just pure honesty, in the context of what is happening at the time?

Fight it out, get it off your chest, and do it publicly, so that all the secrecy disguised as privacy can no longer poison relationships. And I include myself in all of the above.

hahaha its not clashing that rach has a problem with Smile . this forum is too similar to other forums she has been a member of in the past. the same people are here and the same time consuming issues to get drawn into.
    Tikva
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Tikva Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:52 pm

the distant one wrote:
    Tikva wrote:I second the request that YDEKM returns here. Why can't we all just face the fact there we are all different people, and there will always be those that clash? So what if there's a few insults thrown between one another? Is that not just pure honesty, in the context of what is happening at the time?

hahaha its not clashing that rach has a problem with Smile . this forum is too similar to other forums she has been a member of in the past. the same people are here and the same time consuming issues to get drawn into.

Well, I didn't actually think that Rachel has a problem with clashing, LOL. To be honest, I don't think it's the forums per se that are the problem. It's all the MSN (or whatever) chatting that seems to go on behind the scenes, which can in some cases essentially amount to gossip. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with chatting via IM's or anything, it's just the bitching about others that can go on in the chats that I think cause a lot of problems. Learned the lesson myself over 10 years ago, and have only occasionally bothered with IM's ever since.
    relict
    relict
    Nymph
    Nymph

Come on guys... Empty Come on guys

Post  relict Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:03 am

Come on guys, get firewise!

Come on guys... Willy
    the distant one
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  the distant one Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:38 am

Tikva wrote:
    the distant one wrote:

Well, I didn't actually think that Rachel has a problem with clashing, LOL. To be honest, I don't think it's the forums per se that are the problem. It's all the MSN (or whatever) chatting that seems to go on behind the scenes, which can in some cases essentially amount to gossip. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with chatting via IM's or anything, it's just the bitching about others that can go on in the chats that I think cause a lot of problems. Learned the lesson myself over 10 years ago, and have only occasionally bothered with IM's ever since.

its not as dramatic as some people imagine. rfach decided she didnt want to spend time here at the moment cos she finds it hard not to comment when she disagrees with something so she left. here and in another forum some members find that hard to understand and expect her to just not to login ("time out") or post a "I'm leaving thread" (which i know she hates cos a) it's noones business really and b) the people she likes to talk to have her msn and facebook).

and anywa rach is the first to admit she is argumentative and to stop things degenerating she choose to leave. its not hte drama people make out it is. plus i think shed had about a bottle of wine when she did it so it wasn't much of a tantrum Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    lois lane
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  lois lane Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:43 am

Abbey wrote:What makes you think I'm even referring to YDEKM?

She is nothing special. Only in your book, perhaps. Forums are not the be all and end all ABOUT her.

My remarks were a total generalisation of how in today's society, if you interact totally via your computer; how do you/did you/are you getting on in life in the REAL WORLD.

Now you're just getting bitchy.
    canterella
    canterella
    Giant
    Giant

Post  canterella Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:32 pm

Tikva wrote:
    the distant one wrote:

and you're on MSN too, right? Cool
    Tikva
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Tikva Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:20 pm

I have an Account on MSN, but use it about once a year.
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  master5o1 Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:54 am

Tikva wrote:I have an Account on MSN, but use it about once a year.

You used IT twice last year...
    Tikva
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Tikva Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:32 am

Well, even twice should give you a pretty clear idea that I use it rather rarely!!!

Hate the damn things ~ sitting at the computer, focussed on doing something, and all of a sudden a window pops up with a chat message from someone. Pisses me off completely, so 99.99% of the time, I avoid them. There have been times however when I have attempted to contact someone at the phpbb forums (a Mod developer) as well as another person for technical issues. Not chats, and certainly not gossiping.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:04 am