Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tartarus

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+12
lois lane
dabiarch
Kosmick
Anjewel
canterella
woody67
metcalfj
Linno
Psalter
debs
Tikva
Waireka
16 posters

Topic 100 - Prejudice - How Honest Can You Be?

Diaz
    Diaz
    Mortal
    Mortal

Topic 100 - Prejudice - How Honest Can You Be? - Page 2 Empty Re: Topic 100 - Prejudice - How Honest Can You Be?

Post  Diaz Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:57 am

I wouldn't say I'm prejudiced, it's more that the same as everyone else on the planet I can be guilty of making generalisations about groups and also have my biases.

It's like I am very pro-evidence based medicine, and as a counterpoint would say that consequently I do not trust anyone who directly profits from sales of supplements, nostrums and other ineffective treatments to sick people or even healthy people that don't require it. It's exploitation and I really hate having to pick up the pieces after the inevitable delays in getting effective treatment that result. I also can't stand having to deal with bullshitters and liars - people who don't care whether what they are saying is truthful or not and just make stuff up. I'd better stop there, I'd probably end up with a huge list if I start adding in everything I'm biased for or against. rabbit
    Wizz
    Wizz
    Mortal
    Mortal

Topic 100 - Prejudice - How Honest Can You Be? - Page 2 Empty Re: Topic 100 - Prejudice - How Honest Can You Be?

Post  Wizz Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:59 am

I don't trust guys with moustaches, they always look look like they have something to hide.
    My granny told me to never trust a man with a moustache...she believed they all grew them to hide their hairlips.

I dislike drivers of BMWs and Pajeros. I've had both types rear end my car. The BMW driver slammed me while I was stopped at a red light!
    canterella
    canterella
    Giant
    Giant

Post  canterella Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:00 am

I'm prejudiced about elderly drivers. Smile Yeah I knoe I'm ageist even though I'm not a spring chicken myself Laughing
    Waireka
    Waireka
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Waireka Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:57 am

I'm prejudice against people who admit to voting for ACT... sometimes (rarely) I'm proved wrong, but I still maintain that person MUST have a screw loose.

Naughty Wai for holding prejudice.
    relict
    relict
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  relict Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:04 am

*I'm prejudiced against ...
    Waireka
    Waireka
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Waireka Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:21 am

relict wrote:*I'm prejudiced against ...

Yes boss
    Lynz
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Lynz Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:41 pm

Idiots. I am definitely prejudiced with regards to stupidity. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 23, 2024 6:51 pm